Monday, December 10, 2007

You're ever so inviting

I think the reason why I don't feel that I fit in with most of the Christian mentality is because I truly approach my relationship with God as just that. A relationship.

I don't follow a pattern or a formula for "Christian life," I don't use God to justify my beliefs on faith or politics and everything in between. I am not perfect.

It is a relationship. Prayers and conversations are sometimes fistfights and arguments. If you have ever been in a fight, you understand how much you learn about someone in a fight. Its a very intimate thing if you can turn off your traditional thinking of intimacy. He wins and I am fine with that. If it takes me getting squashed in order to know Him, then thats fine.

I will continue to approach the gospel as an invitation to know God through a flawed relationship. Because one of us is human.

No comments: