Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Whatever makes you happy

Here is your goal
Planned out, details set, perfect
Still unattainable
Change a little
Bend a little
Fake it.
You get what you want
All the details there
but not what you expect.
The outcome you wanted
is in perfect form
But what you've become
Will never let you enjoy this.


The things we do in order to make ourselves feel happy, or satisfy a need are the very things that we come to despise in ourselves and in others.

I love everything about you and nothing about us.

Nothing you force by your own hand will ever be satisfying...even if the outcome is exactly the one you sought after.

I love the fact that so many things about our relationship with God can be learned and seen through human interaction and relationships.
I wonder if there would be any joy for God to simply cause everyone to Love Him. Or for Jesus to snap His fingers and have everyone accept His message. The beauty of why we have a choice is that if we chose Him, it is not because we are forced, but because we are compelled to Him. I am certain this is a much more wonderful thing to God also, because through everything I have experienced, it seems joy comes when the conclusion is natural. There is no joy in knowing someone is doing exactly what we want due to our manipulation of the situation. I am willing to bet its the same for Him.

I am so appreciative that you notice, and the things you notice. Mostly because I'm not trying to make anything noticeable at all. That makes it so much more exciting when someone does see these things. Its genuine.

I think I will be cooking some good food this week.

Plans are in motion to get out.

I miss Europe.

No comments: